There’s something truly irresistible about these crispy, golden-brown roasted mini potatoes. Roasted with a generous amount of garlic, this easy recipe is a game changer and a side dish worthy of serving with any main course.
These roasted mini potatoes emerge from the oven with a crispy exterior and a perfectly fluffy interior, and you can almost hear them whispering, “go ahead, indulge” They are surprisingly delicious and irresistible, you may want to make double. Get ready to elevate your culinary game with this sensational yet simple side dish.
This recipe is a Dined and Dashed Level 1 recipe, which means it takes 15 minutes or less to prepare and the cooking process couldn’t be easier.
This isn’t our first roasted potatoes recipe here on Dined and Dashed, we did some pretty delicious stuff with roasted potatoes and an apple cider vinegar aioli as a potato salad alternative, but this particular recipe is best served warm. It is the perfect potato side dish for just about any main dish from hot dogs to filet mignon.
The key to this roasted mini potatoes recipe is the size of your potatoes. You want small potatoes, the smaller the better. Little potatoes allow for minimal effort because you don’t have to cut them. I prefer yellow potatoes because they have a buttery texture and a creamier flavor than russet potatoes. If you choose to use larger potatoes, it will add time to the recipe to cut the potatoes and it may impact cooking time.
These little yellows are a great choice, and I think I only paid $2.99 for the whole bag.
Ingredients you need to make garlic roasted mini potatoes:
- bite-sized potatoes
- minced garlic
- olive oil
- oregano (or Italian seasoning or fresh herbs)
Tools you need to make garlic roasted mini potatoes:
- large bowl
- roasting dish
- aluminum foil
How to make garlic roasted mini potatoes:
This is a fairly simple recipe to make, it only takes a few minutes of prep time. For best results, you can allow the potatoes to sit in the olive oil and seasoning mix for a couple hours for some extra flavor.
- Preheat the oven
- Rinse the potatoes in cold water
- Mix together all the ingredients and toss potatoes until fully combined
- Place in a single layer in the roasting dish
- Bake covered in preheated oven
- Remove foil and continue roasting until golden brown
- Serve and enjoy
These turned out so good and were the perfect accompaniment to grilled rib-eyes but will also compliment roast chicken or your most favorite main dish. They have a crispy skin and are super tender inside. My whole family went back for seconds when I made these.
Easy, Irresistible Garlic Roasted Mini Potatoes Recipe
- 1.5 lbs baby potatoes
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rinse potatoes
- Add potatoes to a large bowl
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and toss until potatoes are fully coated in olive oil and seasonings
- Transfer potatoes to a deep roasting dish in a single layer
- Cover dish with foil and bake for 45 minutes
- Remove pan from oven, remove foil and stir potatoes
- Increase oven temperature to 450
- Bake uncovered for another 15 minutes
- Serve and be prepared for compliments
If you are looking for an easy side dish that are the perfect addition to just about any meal, these garlic roasted mini potatoes are the perfect recipe for you! The prep time is easy enough for weeknight dinners, so long as you have enough time for the hour cook time.